My November goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes is complete. This is my Swoon quilt. Nice big blocks but it was very square. It needed to be longer for my bed so I used all the corners I cut off and made pinwheels for the top and bottom.
This needs to be quilted and bound. It is my goal for September for the Flicker group called a Lovely year of finishes. It is a 5 yard quilt that I picked up at the Minnesota quilt show a couple years ago. The pattern was included with the 5 yard package.
Well I finished my August goal of quilting and binding my dragonfly quilt. The black setting squares have iridescent dragonflies and I fell in love with the fabric. The group I belong to called A Lovely Year of Finishes has really helped me finish a lot of projects this year. This top was at least 5 years old.
I finished my July goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. To bad I didn't catch my mistake until after I took the picture. Oh well to late now. LOL This quilt I saw as a picture in a magazine many years ago so I didn't have a pattern but I managed to figure it out. Basically it is just two different sizes of rail fence blocks.
This is my goal for May at A Lovely Year of Finishes. I need to quilt and bind this. It is part of my Add A Border group on Flicker. For that group we start with a 6 inch block and then we send it to our fearless leader Dustin. He in turn sends us someone else's block to create a border and then we pass it back to him. The blocks go through 4 rounds so they end up to be 24 inches. At that time if no one has claimed the block, he will ask if you want it back if not it goes into a pool and is up for grabs. This block was started by someone else and I added round 4 then I liked it so well I kept it and added all the rest of the borders. This works something like a round robin except you may not get your own starter back. We have a lot of fun and it is really creative.
I am trying to get my churn dash quilt finished. I put this together several years ago. I need to quilt and bind this to complete it. Unfortunately today while I was quilting it , a whole bobbin full of thread screwed up on the tension so that when I looked at the back of the quilt it was full of loops. I will need to remove all of that stitching before I can continue. Finishing this quilt is going to be my goal for April.